Wednesday, May 2, 2012









My work experiences hasn't ever been particularly dull or exciting. Generally, work is something that isn't fun while it's happening and is exciting when it's over. I've had had many odd jobs and those are usually the closest to being fun.

When I lived in London I used to work as an admin and a librarian alongside the Dean. He went by numerous names ( dr. Jambi, dr. Johnson, dr. Allen etc.) it was part of my job to memorize these named according to how other people knew him. He was an odd character, to say the least, a man of a very heavy built and poor hygiene. His weight made trips up and down stairs to the restroom a feat. As a result the mugs in the staff room were used at greatest peril, due to their frequent use for relief. Dr. Johnson was a married man and despite the fact that his wife was the bursar, the staff weren't allowed to acknowledge this or pay any attention to any of their intercom fights. This overview is definitely a euphemism of my most odd job thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment