Thursday, May 17, 2012

missing me one place search another...

 Studying Whitman and his poetry wasn't what I expected when I accidentally sat in the wrong class the first week of the spring semester. Things happen for a reason and I couldn't be more pleased for this accidental twist of fate. Through this  class I have become much more familiar with American poetry and its roots. I hadn't heard of Walt Whitman, Gertrude Stein, Carl Sandburg or Allen Ginsburg before this class; shameful, I know, but I wasn't an English major till this semester so pardon my negligence.

The hybrid format of this class definitely influenced me to work with various types of media for the assignments. The diversity of assignments helped me stay focused and facilitated my adaptation to social and digital media, which is constantly becoming more relevant to communication and work in any industry. This class was definitely a great success for prof. hanley's, students and the class as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment